Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

what test should i go for? My doctors couldnt diagnose.

User Profile
I am 25 years old male.. 3 months ago i had sex with a male. During anal my precaution broke it was just few seconds might be 5 seconds i pulled and used the other.I was Drunk at that time and i made the worst mistake for the first time. Since then i am not feeling well. its been inflammation in eyes and pimples on the tongue which are not going away i also had pain while urinating and now a testicular pain which comes back as i stop medicine. i have tested for hiv 1/2 at 7 weeks and my wife also both were negative and at 13 weeks the same test was negative for me. Is it relevant?/ my wife is also having same symptoms shes is having water from eyes, lower abdominal pain, back pain headache and pain in her sexual organs i am really worried and helpless.. please suggest me what to do and what test should i go for. My doctors couldnt diagnose it. Reply at the earliest please. Please tell me what std is it.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2013
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A41609
Hello! Welcome on eHealth forum and hope you find a satisfactory answer to your query!

It is difficult to say whether it is a STD or a fungal infection. For this you need to undergo a complete STD panel including herpes, HPV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, and trichomoniasis and also for thrush. Also, you may still test positive for HIV.

HIV test is negative in the window period (time taken from exposure to HIV to development of HIV antibodies) which lasts for about 12 weeks or three months. The test is usually positive after three months of exposure. Ideally a HIV antibody test should be done within a month of exposure (will be positive for fast developers of antibodies). Almost everyone who is infected will have a positive antibody test within 3 months. Hence it should be repeated after 3 months. Last test should be done at 6 months for slow antibody developers. If this is negative HIV is ruled out.

Please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.