Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

what should i do for getting a boy?

User Profile
hello DR .. i m trying to become pregnant for the past 5 months but i could not we have under gone all medical test everything is normal so i need to conceive how should i follow my sexual activity and practice after sex .. i have a girl baby now i need a boy baby what should i do for getting a boy please help me out ...

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2011
Getting Pregnant Answer A26824
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Sex determination of baby depends on the genetic build-up and chances of fertilization of ovum/egg with Y-chromosome containing sperm. It is said that the male sperms (Y-chromosome containing sperms) are able to move faster and hence timing your intercourse early during your fertile days (before or close to your ovulation day) can result in pregnancy with male baby (there is no scientific data to prove that this practice can result in having a male baby). Have intercourse in positions that allow for deep penetration and high deposit of semen. Vaginal pH also is important, keeping it alkaline also helps. Have diet rich in foods containing zinc for better maturation of egg and sperms. Consider getting repeat infertility work-up done for you and your partner if you are not successful with getting pregnant within next 3-6 months time. Treatment as appropriate (based on investigation results) would be started to help you get pregnant.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Getting Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.