Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

What's wrong with the skin on my Face? :(

I have been having some serious problems with the skin on my face for the past 3 months. My face has a dry itchy rash mainly covering my the whole of my cheeks and in small parts of other areas. I have also been waking up on some days with swelling around either one of both of my eyes. I have been to my GP who isn't sure what the cause is but has given me an 8 week course of lymecycline. Before this I was on flucloxacillin for 7 days due to the rash on my face becoming infected.

I was applying doublebase gel to my face daily to help with the extreme dryness of my skin however I have stopped using this recently to see if it had any effect and am now applying Calendula cream instead. I have tried many alternatives to see what the cause can be including a VEGA intolerance/allergy test which showed up with some results however I was informed by a close friend who has experience in this area and he told me that the test isn't always scientifically reliable. The Results said I was intolerant to dairy, tomato and E621 which I cut out of my diet for a few weeks but nothing seemed to improve.

It's effecting my everyday life and is becoming unbearable. It's also lowered my self-esteem and just need to find the cause and how it can be helped so I can go back to having normal skin! I feel like no one seems to really know what it is wether it's an allergic reaction or something else?

PLEASE HELP!

Many Thanks,
Sian.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 21st, 2013
Reading your post makes me recall 2 years back situation when I had this kind of problem. Can’t forget the itchiness. A cousin of mine in a family get-together advised me going for a herbal treatment; there I came to know about applying aloe-vera gel thrice a day on my face for a week. Eventually after a period of three months my ratios finally disappeared, I no longer had that itchiness. Give it a try for a month, hope it’ll help.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....