Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

What kind of doctor should i see for this type of leg pain?

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
On my left leg I have extreme throbbing/stabbing pain on my hip, the back of my thigh, down tto my knee and down my calf. Occasionally can be felt in my butt and through my foot. I go to a chirorpactor and my muscles in this whole area are very tender/inflamed, but id isnt a muscular type ache its more sharp. The pain hurts the most when i sit with my legs at a 90 degree angle for 20+ minutes, siting and extending my leg helps a little but pain doesnt usually leave until i stand up and walk around or lay on my side or stomach with my leg stretched out. Its been this way for about a year and a half and im desperate ): so many wrong diagnosis.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Hi Sasharae6x and welcome to ehealth: Please see an Orthopedist....He/she should be able to help you....Take care...

Did you find this post helpful?