Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

What is the point? when you die thats it.

Hey, I know there are loads of these questions answered well but non of them seem to suit me.
I have never hurt myself and have had a priveleged upbringing with nothing out of reach. I am very mathematical (take futher maths, computing and physics at college) and just dont see a point... as far as i can see when you die thats it, so anything you do up to then seems pointless. I have wondered about death but this seems stupid due to the mental pain to any family and friends and I'm also too scared of any pain. So my question is simply, whats the point?
Thanks in advance - Anonymous
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 18th, 2012
I think the same way most of the time. I think, whats the point of education,success,working, as well as a status? Just so people can say you did something while you were here on this earth? If I could find a way to just do what I want to do instead of busting my butt working and bending over backwards for friends and family, I would. In reality, it was not like this in the beginning the focus was more on hunting and gathering and the survival of families. Now, the influences of others are stronger than ever as well as the pressures of the media. I am no expert but if it were up to me I'd buy a few acres of land, grow some herbal stuff and relax. lol take care.
|

replied June 18th, 2012
I think the same way most of the time. I think, whats the point of education,success,working, as well as a status? Just so people can say you did something while you were here on this earth? If I could find a way to just do what I want to do instead of busting my butt working and bending over backwards for friends and family, I would. In reality, it was not like this in the beginning the focus was more on hunting and gathering and the survival of families. Now, the influences of others are stronger than ever as well as the pressures of the media. I am no expert but if it were up to me I'd buy a few acres of land, grow some herbal stuff and relax. lol take care.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....