Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

What is the differnce between the Botox and fillers?

Just starting to hear more about these things and i am interested in possibly getting something done. So what is the differnce between Botox and fillers, at what age should I start and what side effects can occur?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied April 29th, 2012
The Botox is a treatment for lines where you relax the muscle under the line is no longer seen. Mainly used on the upper half of the face. The fillers are used to fill the deep lines, used mainly in the lower half of the face.

There is no age to start once you see a line you should start treating it as it gets deeper if you leave it. There is no side effects as its is approved by the FDA and health Canada and it has been used safely for long time.

At the end of the day for myself its about feeling confident and younger. Different women deal with ageing in different ways, just be sure to do thigns safely, have a trusted doctor, and follow any instructions him/her gives you.

Some doctors have some kind of ask a question application on their website. I use in their contact us page you can send in questions for more technical information from a doctor.
|

replied July 7th, 2015
Botox will help wrinkles - especially forehead and crows feet around the eyes. It is NOT a filler. Fillers are typically injected into the cheeks and lips for volume loss. Neither are as good or as permanent as a face lift. Both of them are under the procedure of cosmetic surgery as i know.if you could notice the changes in blepharoplasty before and after you would understand that it helps to remove wrinkles.

Do you know what is cosmetic surgery!! As i know it is the procedure to enhance beauty it can be removal of wrinkles or fat grafting through filler. Though filler does not have any incisional requirements but still it is a term of cosmetic surgery.
|