Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

What is the best cure for Eczema skin disease?

My mother is having eczema from few days.
What is the best cure for Eczema skin disease? Any specific precautions?

Thank You
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 25th, 2010
I initially went to a dermatologist who prescribed a cortico-steroid gel to be used for a week for my facial eczema. It went away for awhile, but then started reappearing. Since the gel can only be used sparingly I needed something else.
My clinical nutritionist had me start using CeraVe, a moisturizing cream that protects the lipid layer, along with taking N-aceytl-cyteine and acetyl glutathione or just glutathione, for detoxing the body of eczema causing toxins. The CeraVe is used twice a day after washing the area and applying the cream. It can be bought at WalMart for under $13 for a large tub of it. The NAC and glutathione are supplements that can be bought at the health food store.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 28th, 2013
is there any accurate working remedy of this?
i bear this in my right hand about one year and till now there is nothing miracle happen actually.
please let me know about this.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 8th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
The best treatment is mild potent topical steriods. She should avoid allergens.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.