Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

What is normal menstruation?

User Profile
I want to know,is a period which comes every month 5 days earlier then the previous month, normal?Sometimes it comes 2 a month...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper UnknownABC
|

replied May 9th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Biby, you need to count the days between. So the day when your period started is day 1. Count until the day before your next period started. Compare these counts you are getting to see how long your cycles are.

Remember that every month have a different number of days, so even the most regular 28 day cycle will not start every month on the same day. The calendar date is not important, just the length.

Does this explain it better?
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2011
Experienced User
Well, i know that,i count the days regular,so i always know when my period will come. The lenght is 22 days between the 2 periods.Is it normal?
|

replied May 9th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Biby, yes. Cycles between 21 and 35 days are considered normal.

It is very short so you will most likely ovulate between day 4 and day 10 of your cycle. So you would be an example of a woman that can possibly get pregnant from sex on your period.

You might want to talk to your doctor about this when you see her again to hear what she thinks. But it is not something to worry about.

Take care!
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2011
Experienced User
Thank you so much. I'm not worried about getting pregnant,my husband uses condoms when we have sex, and we never have sex on my period,only before and after it.You've been helpful a lot,thanks again.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...