Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

What is in Apple Cider Vinegar that's helping me so much?

Hi,

I suspect I have a major deficiency of some sort. I've been struggling with a number of issues like weight loss (/muscle loss), paleness, blurred vision, digestion problems/gassiness and unhealthy stool (not diarrhea but not ideal at all), chronic fatigue, psoriasis, depression, overall feeling of weakness.

Perhaps I should also add that I have had an alcohol problem in the past where I would drink about 8 beers a day but I've been sober for almost 2 years now. I don't drink coffee or soda and I generally live a very healthy lifestyle.

I've gotten blood tests and they came back fine, my doctor is putting everything under the depression banner but I really doubt that is the problem at all, as I'm 100% sure that if I felt healthy I would be a very upbeat person I always have been.

I had been been trying out vitamins like b1/b-complex/multi-vitamins/d3/C and they seem to be helping me somewhat but I havent figured it out 100% which is just frustrating me alot because I have had some really good days in the last half year.

Now onto the apple cider vinegar...

I had read about this stuff online so I bought some organic apple cider vinegar. The first time I used it was literally an eye opening experience, my vision was 100% better and I could see far in the distance again, I had energy and an overall feeling of "normality". Basicly I would give anything to feel like that day everyday.

I of course kept using it but I think that it's not all to the good and I want to find out which vitamin or mineral is in there that's helping me so much?

PS: Also, when I take a multi-vitamin daily, I look much healthier and get a bit of colour back in my face and a bit more energy but at the same time it's making me feel more depressed when I do take it, I think because of some of the other things that are in it that I don't need at all because I already have a healthy diet.

I want to figure out which vitamin it is that could solve my blurred vision and other problems so if anyone has any ideas after this long story I just wrote, please help me figure this out!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper faith2012
|

replied February 21st, 2012
Apples. Apples are helping you. However, you seem to have some serious mental issues if you think one portion of any food has any kind of large impact on you. Get help...
|
Users who thank Elcor for this post: Rocle 

replied February 26th, 2012
Apple cider vinegar, and your other concerns
Maulkie, Dr Oz, on television covers all that you have asked. I encourage you to go to his web site and send him your questions. You won't be disappointed
|

replied August 3rd, 2012
Possible pyroluria
Pyroluria can display some of the symptoms you've mentioned. Essentially, it is a deficiency in b6 and zinc...Please research and get tested for it prior to self treatment. Excess alcohol can deplete these vitamins, not to mention its a good idea to look into if you have a family history of mental illness or depression.
|

replied July 5th, 2018
A Fantastical Opinion
See your doctor. My non-medical (fantastical) opinion:
1. Systemic inflammation due to intestinal hyperpermeability (in general, the medical community merely treats the symptoms, not the cause.)The inflammation is triggered by the adaptive immune system (which is sometimes fooled, as in autoimmunity.
2. The hyperpermeability itself can be caused by a number of factors, leading to situation #1.
3. One possible cause of situation #2 is Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO). Drinking ACV could be acting as an antibacterial in your gut, thus reducing the inflammatory response. Another culprit, though maybe not so likely could be yeast overgrowth. ACV will reduce the yeast population too. (Do you crave sweets?)
4. Your tears have immunological properties which are affected by systemic inflammation.
5. If you have inflammation in your eyes (ie: tear ducts) you certainly might have vision problems (blurred vision, etc.)
6. The study of the immune system is still relatively in its infancy. Proof: Most autoimmune diseases are treated, not cured.

PVB12:26
|