Hello everyone. I'm a 24 year old male (smoker) living with sinus problems since I was 17 (roughly) and its affecting my life a lot. Its usually that one of my sinuses is blocked and I cannot breathe through it. I am always confused and in a heavy fog and I get sleepy shortly after I wake up from a full nights sleep. Sometimes it switches nostrils. I have tried antibiotics, neti pots, nasal sprays and nasal steroids but no response from any. I do not have any foul smelling nasal drips. I have a hard time smelling and somewhat tasting. If I spit out what's in my nose it tends to have traces of blood in it. I don't have any pain involved unless I blow my nose too hard and pressure builds up in my forehead. It has been driving me crazy and has me in very bad moods lately because of the frustration involved. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with me? Any input is greatly appreciated. I just want to be able to enjoy life again. Thank you.

edit: I forgot to mention a couple of things. One being that going up and down a set of fairly large stairs will temporarily take away the blockage. Another being that I still have three out of four wisdom teeth. one is pretty much rotted away. I'm not sure if that plays any role in it or not.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2012
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Anything is helpful at this point. I also have mitral valve prolapse but I don't think that's causing this.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....