Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

What is best type of medication if I can't take Triptans?

Migraine
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 30th, 2012
Ive had migraines since I was 21 years old. I'm 57 now. I have been on every narcotic that has been made (I think anyway) because the Triptan drugs do NOT work for me. I've tried them all. I've been on Actiq pops for years now but the DEA has changed the rules as of March, 2012. Now the dr's that are writing these scripts are required to fill out many pages of paperwork in order to be assigned a DEA number that will be written on all Fentanyl scripts. My current dr. has refused to fill out this paperwork so I'm now in the process of trying to find a Pain Mgmt. dr. that will help me with my migraines. I live in Leesburg, FL. Does anyone know of a dr.? Does anyone know of anything other than Actiq that will work? Thanks!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....