Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

what I had believed to be food poisoning but?

User Profile
Last Wednesday I was stricken with what I had believed to be food poisoning. I became very ill and started vomiting. It began with abdominal cramping. The cramping became so severe I was completely incapacitated for two days and the abdominal pains did not let up. I stayed in bed for 4.5. The pains lessened each day but are still persisting a bit. They come in waves, feeling like bad gas pains. Sometimes upper abdomen sometimes lower. Now my skin is feeling sensitive to the touch in the belly button region. Any ideas? Should I seek medical attention?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2011
Gallbladder Disease Answer A19654
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on E Health Forum.

From the history provided it seems that you might have developed gastroenteritis as a result of food poisoning.

You might benefit by consultation with your doctor who can provide antibiotics and medications for proper treatment and resolution of your condition.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.