Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

what i can i do to increase my height?

User Profile
i am 17 and my height is only around 5:4 and i was just wondering what i can i do to increase my height?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper atousa

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2011
Vitamins Answer A22149
Hello, and thank you for your medical question on e Health Forum.

Regular physical exercises - that involve stretching of the spine and the body will be helpful.

Some stretching exercises can help increase the height enhancing process during puberty. Some Yoga-asanas like sukhasana and “Cobra Pose” also helps you stretch your body.

After puberty the stretching exercises can still help correct a person’s posture.

A nutritious diet that includes fruits and vegetables, dairy, cereals, meat, and plenty of water will aid the natural process for enhancing height.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vitamins , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.