Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Twins & Multiples Forum

What do we need to get Twins / Triplets?

Hello doctor , after a lot of Gap between our intercourse sessions , my wife( me too) deperately want to be parents. We have been married for just over 8 months and barely had 4-5 times sex ! most of them were protected especially after the first one ! both of us are perfectly healthy , i mean we have done our checkups regularly . Finally we had sex for a good period of time and really enjoyed it . But we do have a querry !
A baby would be biggest godgift for us but There has been a lot of Excitement about having Twins or more ! And i have heard and about it on internet , that you need to Make it more frequent ( inseminate in my wife ) Quickly during each session . I have been doing it for a couple of days i and i think she is pregnant ( though we havent tested it yet we are waiting upto the her ovulation period ends)
I had inseminated her around 20-25 times abd have done it real deep and strong ! ( we have tried All techniques The pillow one especially , )
My friends have suggested me so and they are insisting it to continue before she finallly tests her prenancy status ( which would be 3-4 days from now ) . So is there any Chance that she will be having Twins/more ? We had absolutely enjoyed every moment of our sex time , she wants more and more and i am literally giving her more than She expects !
So we are really expecting beyond Ordinary now . Do i need to continue this even more frequently for nexy 3-4 days , and some even say that i should continue to do that during her first 3 weeks of pregnancy as more sperm will give more chance to make one zygote to get Multitated and would make pregnant with Twins or so. So please give your View !
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I have read and understood your question and would like to help.
There is no natural way that can definitely increase chances of having twins.
When an egg is fertlized it releases chemicals that stops other sperms.
Usually single egg is fertlized by single sperm.

Although more sex increases the chances of pregnancy but it does not increase the odds of having twins.
Chances of twins are however increased when using artificial methods of fertility specialy IVF

I hope it helps and wish you good luck
Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Twins & Multiples , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.