Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

What could cause a sudden itchy rash all over body?

I woke up last week with an itchy rash on my stomach, back, legs, arms and neck. it started as tiny little red pin prick sized spots that have grown bigger, some now oval shape. They are pink. It is everywhere except soles of feet, hands and face. I have been to the doctors twice and they gave my cream for eczema and antihistamines, none are working. It looks like it is spreading/becoming more irritated. It is really itchy and when I am dressed it feels like sunburn/sandpaper.

As far as I am aware, I have no allergies even though one doctor said it could be hives but it does not look or sound like the symptoms of hives.

Any advice or comments on what it could be and why it happened so suddenly will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2019
Hello and welcome to ehealth forum.

Based on your history, it does appear to be acute urticaria. Its been a week so you should continue the antihistamines for now. Ideally, based on the specific presentation , mebendazole and antibiotics can also be advised. Triamcinolone IM can be given for prolonged relief if the itching and rash doesnt subside.

I hope this helps and wish you good luck
Stay in touch with your health care provider as EHF is only for educational purposes.
Regards
Dr Khalil

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Eczema
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.