Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Spinal Injuries Forum

What could be causing inflammation in lower spine

User Profile
I was drying my feet on side of bath after a morning shower about 2 weeks ago and when I bent forward felt a sharp pain in my right hip. I normally go to a chiro every three weeks for adjustment but had left it for about 5 weeks as I was feeling pain free and moving freely. I made an appointment with the chiro and when he saw me he said that my spine had partially seized up. He adjusted me enough so that I was comfortable and said to go home, have a short walk if possible, and then a hot shower and some rest. Also he said to take two Voltaren that night and then in the morning take two Panadol Osteo to cope with any pain. I returned for the 2nd adjustment two days later and got some relief, although not entirely free from pain. I am returning for another adjustment on the 10th of April. The inflammation has mostly settled and I am almost back to a healthy pain free state. I am a fit person who exercises daily with pilates and yoga. I also use resistant band training and do not use heavy weights. I am getting occasional mild regurgitation and there is still some tightness in my hips and middle back. The cause of this inflammation is a mystery to me as I have not had this much trouble with my spine since a car accident several years ago which blew my L5/S1 disc. With proper physio I was able to make a complete recovery. I am wondering if my lower back doesn't settle after my next chiro visit, should I get x-rays,CT, or MRI to try and determine the state of my lower spine.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 23rd, 2013
Yes. You might have a subluxation. Get it checked ASAP.
|
Did you find this post helpful?