I have been having these symptoms for a few months now. I am a 27 year old female (turning 28 in January 2017). Whenever I flex my wrist and drop it down, the movement is ratchety, jitterish. It doesn't only occur in my wrist, it is pretty much my whole body, ex when I lift my shoulders and drop them down, or when I lift my leg and slowly drop it down. I have also been feeling quite tired during the day and I do sometimes get muscle twitches as well. So here is a short history of my medical state: I do suffer from Generalised Anxiety Disorder and I take 25mg Serdep a day. These symptoms do however persist even if I do not feel very anxious. I have been on Yasmin for 12years (since I had a scoliosis operation in 2004), but recently developed headaches because of it and the GP switched me over to Yaz. This year has been stressful for me as I have changed careers and I am not particularly enjoying my work, I have also moved and gotten engaged (planning a wedding). I have been to the GP regarding these symptoms, and he sent bloods away. I was found to be Vit D3 deficient (26ng/mL) and my Potassium and Magnesium is in the lower normal range. So the GP has prescribed 1000IE Vit D3 twice a day for 6 months and also Potassium & Magnesium tablets for a month. He did some reflex and muscle tests and found that my muscles fatigue easily. My lifestyle has also changed since my career change, I sit a lot during the day and do not do any exercise.

I need to go back to the GP in a month to have my bloods checked again and to see if I have gotten any better. I am afraid that might be a more than just Vit D defiency and some other neurological problem.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with
vitamin D,magnesium and potassium deficiency.
Just continue your medications and have regular followup.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.