Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

What causes a boney protrusion?

I have a boney protrusion at the hairline on my forehead that is large enough to be noticable. I had x-rays taken and my doctor doesn't seem to be concerned. What causes this to happen and can it eventually turn into cancer? What would be the signs if it does?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2011
Unfortunately, since I cannot examine you, I will not be able to tell you what this lump represents. Certainly, continued enlargement of this lump, ulceration of the overlying skin, or pain associated with this mass would be concerning to me.

If you have not already done so, then a CT scan of the head may be helpful in arriving at a diagnosis.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.