Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Single and Pregnant Forum

What can I do to provide for myself and my baby.

6 months pregnant and husband just went to jail. We've been together for 10 years and married for almost 4. Now I'm trying to work, find a place to live, and take care of myself and I'm scared I won't be able to keep it up for long as my pregnancy progresses. This is my first child. We planned this, but he did some stupid things. I love and miss him and it hurts we can't share this together, but I'm also angry he left me like this. I wait tables and am worried about how long I'll be able to work. I'm lonely and scared. Is there assistance out there for women like me?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 13th, 2010
absolutely. Go to your local department of human services. They should definitely be able to point you in the right direction. Where I live, there is tuition assistance daycare assistance, subsidized housing assistance paying your power bill, and wic, there are all different sorts of things for women and children out there, you just have to be willing to ask for help. Good luck, I'm not sure though you should be able to work for quite a while longer, ask your doctor what is safe, and no job is aloud to fire you for having a baby and automatically has to give you time off after having the baby, whether that time is paid I'm not sure, but if you can't do that job anymore due to getting too big or your doc says it's not a good idea, then look into unemployment, it's not a substantial amount of money but it helps as does every little bit. perhaps you could consider talking to family members if you can't pay the rent and there is no room for the rent assistance or you're waiting for the app to go through. Again good luck and God bless.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 30th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.Don't stress yourself, there is always some way out. Be determined and confident and try to deal with the situation and find the way of living for you. Keep in mind, God help those who help themselves.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Single and Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.