Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

What can I do to correct my hormones and my way of life?

User Profile
How can I naturally increase my testosterone while using synthetic testosterone replacement therapies? I know protein and Omega 3 are said to be good, I also read D3 and Zinc. What about Vitamin A, C, or E? Do carbohydrates have a negative affect I need to be concerned about in regards to my testosterone? My levels were around 230 ng/dL last time for my total, but the free was in the lower portion of the normal category. I cannot recall exactly. Is there a certain form of exercise that may be better in enhancing my testosterone? I have put on a lot of weight in the past year (up to 35 pounds) and also have high blood pressure. I'm also suffering from a pituitary micro-adenoma and don't know if those two things are also contributing factors. I'm having a hard time losing weight as well but I know less fat and less estrogenic things in me is better. I am always sitting at my job and I eat a lot when I'm bored. What can I do to correct my hormones and my way of life?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2017
Mens Conditions Answer A62430
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Use of synthetic testosterones will disrupt gonadal axis and will further reduce testosterone levels. I rest balanced diet with all the ingredients will help increase the levels. Carbs have no negative role. Microadenoma could play a role due to its FSH and LH secretions if any. Let an endocrinologist decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.