A year ago driving to work and stopped at a red light, I became very dizzy but managed to get to work safely. I then had to get someone to drive me home at 4 in the morning. I went to the ER before I went home and everything was fine then sent me home. I went to the doctors who gave me some medicine that I no longer have but I remember it starting with a T. I took that for about 2 weeks then stopped cause it wasn't working shortly after that it went away and was able to drive again. Well, this year it happened again this time I was waiting for my boss to get to work and my heart suddenly started beating very fast, got extremely dizzy and felt like I was gonna pass out. I got into work only to have someone come and get me again. This time I waited to see if it would go away and two weeks later I made another doctors appt. Well, I saw another doctor who gave me Meclozine and said the other meds from a year ago were a lower dosage and to take these. So, I did for about a week and with no relief I went back only for them to send me to an ENT. Well, I went to an ENT only to have him tell me I needed an MRI and some dizzy testing done. So a few weeks later I got an MRI and did the dizzy testing. EVERYTHING CAME BACK NORMAL!! They want to now send me to a Neurologist and I just don't know what he can do that no one else hasn't tried to get this to go away. I'm just hoping it will go away like it did about a year ago but it doesn't seem to want to. I only seem to get dizzy when I drive but the other morning I woke up extremely dizzy before I could get out of bed! I'm desperate for some help! PLEASE!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 1st, 2014
If the neurologist says all clear it sounds like it could be an inner ear virus. If so, unfortunately nothing to do but wait it out. Have a look at some of the inner ear virus posts on here, maybe it'll help. Best wishes.
|

replied January 3rd, 2014
I agree it sounds like labrynthitis if all other tests come back clear. The dizziness worsened by motion such as driving, or even walking is consitent with such an ear infection. If it is viral then it should clear up on its own but you can take travel sickness tablets to help with any nausea, and remember that anxiety only worsens feelings of dizziness so try to stay calm.
|
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....