Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

What can be done about a possible paranoid schitzophrenic?

I am looking for some help. Anyone who can help, it would be deeply appreciated. I met this guy a few months ago. He is 40 years old and he has always acted odd. He would tell me stories such as this person did that and ect. It was weird. But i let it go. He became obsessed with "Government business" and said he was once part of a special service team. I just said ok and let that go. Then he told me he had gone to jail and I did some research. He gave a very in detail explanation that he had true evidence but the judges report basically said that he thought a terrorist attack was about to happen but his evidence was irrelevant. I became more cautious. He said that someone blew up his front door. I figured he was lying. He claimed he was admitted to a hospital under a fake name and I could not find him in any hospital around at all. None of his stories had a proof. I would laugh and say happily that I found my grandpa's knife and he responded with random extreme anger and yelled that if he saw me and I had a weapon that he would hold me down and disarm me. He has a mindset that everyone is gonna get him. He says he has had people put guns to his chest before. Everything is detailed and complex. He claims he had his door blown up and his Facebook has his uncles name instead of his. He showed extreme fear in being found out. I told him use his name, add no picture, only accept close trusted people, and adjust privacy settings. He flipped out because I called him John in his wall post and not George. He said "they" had his ip address and he had 48 hours to move quickly. he was genuinely freaked. I tried telling him it wasn't happening but he strongly thinks that someone is either tapping his phone line, hacking his computer, or stalking him. He takes a different route everywhere and looks behind him for people tailing him. He looks on his roof before getting out of a car to be sure no one is going to snipe him out. This is when I became very creeped out. He said that they were coming for me also and they my where a bouts were worth 10k and he added in "What an insult I thought you were worth at least 20k". A few days ago was the 5th anniversary of my fathers death and it was a hard time for me even though my father molested me as a child. Well, John took this into account. He had this creepy voice but full out serious and said he wanted to tell me a story. He said, "When daddy beat mommy he looked at me so calmly and said 'WHY SO SERIOUS SON' then he took an old knife and slit my throat that night'". I relied with, "John, no more stories ok?" and he said, "I am just like daddy but I am better cause I can get into the little girls head". He smiled at me in a sinister way and started asking if I missed sex with my father. He kept up with many personal questions about the molestation. I told him to quit it and he said "Is th e little girl crying yet?" So I pushed him out the door quickly and made him leave. He text ed me in the morning. He said that if I ever came in contact one time even he would have a sniper up on my roof awaiting for me and my child to come out. I did not reply but he continues. If I do not answer, he keeps sending them as if I did. I put it all together once I was upset and thought of how schizophrenic it all seemed. Then It came to me, what if he was? I have been trying to find his family but all the family he spoke of seems non existent. I'm not sure what to do, how to help, or what. I would love if I could get him evaluated. He has always acted odd but this is his 2nd Schizophrenic attack and they are dangerous and scaring me. Please give me some insight on what I can do and what to do. Thanks...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 20th, 2010
hey he sounds pretty schizophrenic. im schizophrenic and i used to be pretty delusional. i was never quite like that.. but i was pretty delusional.

something that helped me was a treatment by dr. abram hoffer. check out his book "Healing Schizophrenia: Complementary Vitamin & Drug Treatments." another book that helped me out was "prescription for nutritional healing." it has a section in there that has recomendations for supplements, herbs, and other things that schizophrenics can do/uise to improve their condition.

its all been very useful for me. so useful in fact that my doctor agreed to reduce my meds
|

replied September 20th, 2010
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a tough time, and your friend does sound very poorly, from what you described. I don't think your friend would be impressed if you suggested he go see a doctor, but he does need to receive some help, so I would go to the Police, and ask them for some guidance. Under the circumstances you described, they may think it necessary to place him in a hospital, for his own good. With good & proper care, your friend can lead an almost normal life, but does need to follow a strict regime of medication & support. I also think it would be of benefit to you, if you could see a doctor for yourself. Some support would be good for you, and help you over this anxious time. Please don't be afraid to ask for help, as the Professionals deal with this all the time, and are paid well. It is important that you get some support for yourself, and allow someone else to take responisibility for your friend's well-being. Take Care, and Good Luck.
|

replied September 27th, 2010
He has disappeared, can't find out how to contact him, nobody will get back to me, his phone is disconnected. Not sure where to go from here. But thank you all for the help so far Smile
|

replied September 27th, 2010
Hi NanticokeIntern94,

It is important that you take care of yourself, so please try to do that first. He is probably doing just fine, and needs some space. Who knows what will happen in the future, but for now, you need to take care of yourself, and get yourself well.
I wish you every success & happiness.
Thistle127.
|

replied September 28th, 2010
Thank you and I am doing so now. Best of wishes to you too Smile
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....