First, I work in a call center for an international security monitoring company. Something was sprayed in the air near me the day before and the day of the bad incident you will read. For some reason other co-workers had moved away from around me; some were talking to others. I kept working. The girl that normally works next to me sprayed what smelled like a light smelling cologne. It was aromatic. Whatever the case, about 2 minutes later the conversations around me stopped and I had these symptoms all over about a 4 hour period: Uncontrolled crying tearing or watery eyes, brief nausea, inability to concentrate, brain fog, dizziness, convulsions, tremor, fatigue, lethargy, drowsiness, stomach muscle spasm (crouching forward), felt very emotional, hyperventilate, moist skin, Fatigue, Agitation, Weak-Shaking Voice, excessive high blood pressure,
Blushing (Face Turns Red).. The management saw these things but did not call an ambulance. My wife came and picked me up later. There's a lot to tell. But is anyone familiar with something like this happening on the job. What kind of spray could have been used to cause these reaction. I'm healthy and exercise even before the incident. Any ideas. Too, something similar occurred in Texas and Tennessee but slightly different reactions especially the uncontrollable crying for no apparent reason.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2014
Thank you for asking

You might be allergic to some sprays and its hard to tell from here unless allergen immunotherapy is done and tested for each and every bit of cologne which would be impossible.

Other possibility is a little of psychological and it seems like an anxiety profile to me as no human person devious enough would be that heartless to not call the ambulance for the situation you narrated, so there might be a little exaggeration and thats due to anxiety and panic attacks, i wanna say it happens and is pretty common.

Just get PSychiatric evaluation and then seek an allergist and immunologist and let them help you in this regard any further.

Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Poisoning and Environmental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.