Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

What are imortant measures to prevent back pain?.

I slipped and fell 14 years ago. I was hospitalized for a week. My doctor told me that my lumbars 3 and 4 were disintegrated. I was 75% recovered and could go to work two months later. Now, at age 74, the pain comes back once I forget to lift or carry heavy load or wrong positioned myself. Please give your best advice.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2019
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Here are few tips that can help you with backache
1)maintain proper posture
2)avoid heavy lifting, and if it can't be avoided lift in proper way using hamstring muscles instead to spine
3)proper sleeping position, sleeping on stomach can be bad for back.Try sleeping on your side with a pillow below knees
4)exercise and stretch hamstring muscles
5) sitting on your wallet should be avoid, lighten it Or keep it in front pocket
6) stop smoking as it decrease blood flow to back

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Dr Khalil
|

replied March 28th, 2019
Hey!
It is really bad that you are suffering from this problem at this age. But you can go for massage therapy for your pain. Special massages are there for health problems. You can go for Deep tissue massage or Swedish massage or any massage that will suit you. the massage will relax your muscles and you will feel relieved after getting it. But firstly, Consult your doctor about this and ask the doctor what massage will go best for you.
|

replied May 6th, 2019
Back Pain is a common health condition in the majority of people due to some factors. This condition usually happens in the old age people due to less movement and improper blood circulation.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.