Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Spleen Forum

What are definite signs of an enlarged spleen?

User Profile
I have a bulge in the left side of my chest, towards the bottom of the ribs. I have always just assumed it is something protruding out because I don't have much weight on me, but after reading about enlarged spleens, I am wondering if it could be that.
There is no pain whatsoever and the bulge has been there since I can remember. When I look down at my chest, the left side is noticeably more outward than my right side and if I look at the area in the mirror there is definitely something there. Everything I am reading about enlarged spleens seems to say that the swelling would be in the abdominal area, but this is in my ribs.
If this is an enlarged spleen, what symptoms would I definitely have?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Got pain under your left side ribs? Is your left abdomen swollen or tender to touch? You might be dealing with a problem related to the spleen!...
Certain diseases can cause the spleen to swell to several times its normal size. Learn the signs and symptoms of spleen problems here....
An enlarged spleen is the result of an underlying disorder. What spleen disorders do doctors consider during diagnosis? What tests do they use?...