Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

What am i suffering from? Is it anxiety or depression or...???

Iv only just come across this website so i am unsure as what to write. But i hate going to the doctors as i just feel like im over reacting or being stupid. But for the last several months, i seem to worry about absolutely everything, i break down in tears all the time, and i think (based on internet searches) that i may be suffering from anxiety attacks... I come over with hot flushes, shakes, struggle to control my breathing or catch my breath, and often i feel nauseas or throw up because of it, and then i dont feel like eating so i feel like im starving so then when i do try to eat it just reminds me of what i was worrying about and i throw it up again, and to be honest i cant really afford to keep taking time off work for sick. At first i thought i was just being silly. But it seems to be happening more and more now. I often have really high points and then extremly low points where i think about suicide (but i never would)... i feel worthless and alone when im low, and reckless and crazy when im on a high... Please help x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 14th, 2010
Supporter
Lollybop, It does sound like you are having anxiety attacks. I am worried about your depression. If these things are interfering with your life its time to get professional help. I think it would be wise to make an appt. with a pyschologist. He/She will be able to help you find out what is truely causing these episodes. You are not stupid, something is going on and you need the advice of a trained professional. I would suggest you make an appt. as soon as you can. Let them know when you call you are thinking about suicide. They will get you in to see a doctor much sooner. For some reason something is causing these issues. Please dont be afraid to see someone. If they can help you its worth it. I'm sure you would rather see a doctor that to feel so bad. You are not being silly, these are problems that need to be taken care of quickly so you can get on the road to recovery.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...