Hello Carrie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you approach your back surgery. Hope the surgery goes well and your recovery too.

RichT
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2008
Supporter
I second that emotion! I hope that you are feeling better and that your recovery is speedy and your range of motion increases!
|

replied March 5th, 2008
Experienced User
I third it Smile Hope everything goes well for you my prayers and well wishes are all with you.
|

replied March 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
HI There!
Well, it's over! I did fine. Came home with two bandaids and cement. Surgery took a little over an hour. I was in post op after recovery for almost 5 hours waiting for a room. I came home yesterday around 10:30am.
Only thing is, I can't sleep on my back. The surgical site is still pretty sore. But doc says that will go away. I am still taking my pain meds every 12 hours so I stay pain free. But when all is said and done, I should be pain free after surgical site heals. Right now I am pretty paranoid about the way I sit, stand and other daily activities but, I know that will pass.
I want to thank everyone of you for you well wishes, thoughts and prayers. They worked! I should be back in full swing by next weekend. Just waiting to see surgeon for Follow-up late next week.
Thank-you again for being there for me. I meant so much to me.

Carrie
|

replied March 5th, 2008
Experienced User
Congratulations Carrie Smile Im glad everything went well Smile
|

replied March 6th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Good Morning Carrie,

You are most welcome!

I'm glad your surgery went well. Now take it easy Carrie and give your back time to heal. No "back in full swing by next weekend". It takes longer than that for the body to heal. Patience good lady. Smile

Now prayers of "thank you God", and prayers for a successful recovery.

RichT
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2008
Also thinking of you and your recovery. Am glad that you made it through, and now it the patient work of allowing your body to heal. Many blessings.
|

replied March 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Good Afternoon gang
To all of my dearest friends posting above. Thank-you again for all you warm wishes.
I am doing much better today. Each day well get better and better. I could actually lay on my back today for a bit. YAY! And the site is starting to itch, which means healing is taking place. I am starting to feel a little more comfortable with myself now. Not in as much pain either. I think I am going to go down to twice a day with my pain pills now. One in the morning and one at night. Or maybe just at night even.
Rich T, nice to hear from you again. Thought you had gone AOL for awhile.

Carrie
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2008
Carrie:

So glad everything went well and hoping for a speedy recovery. May much less pain be in your future.

lonestarguy
|

replied March 6th, 2008
Experienced User
Smile Awesome Carrie Smile Gld to hear of the mgic of the healing body.
|

replied March 6th, 2008
Hello Carrie,

You have received very special thoughts from the above posters who celebrate with you your successful surgery and hopes for a likewise successful recovery for you.

Carrie, it is SOOOOooo very good to "see" the positive you. To see and feel your renewed sense of hope. WONDERFUL!!!

I may take "gardening breaks", but I'll not leave my spiney friends.

Take care.

RichT
|

replied March 7th, 2008
Hi
Dear Carrie,

I am so elated for you! I hope now the other peices for you and Chris fall into place, you made my day when you called me after your surgery, and when your wonderful son Chris called. I will see you soon, as soon as you feel ok.

Love Ya , your friend Linndie
|

replied March 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hey You Out In Cyber Land
Yeppie! Made it through another day. Well first of all I am happy to be back to my positive self again. Was really down and out there for awhile I know.

lonestarguy and z8NeonGenesis, wonderful to hear from you and much thanks also for your well wishes.

I am down to 1/2 a pain pill as needed now! Never thought I would see the day. Doc did a great job. Now I need to learn not to do stupid things that I should not be doing. Like closing the car door with my hip. LOL.....Yes, I did that today. Me bad, me bad.
I have been back posting again and it feels so good to be able to sit for awhile now without pain. I even was able to lay on my back last night and today.

Linndie: I will get those jammies sooner or later. Thinking of you and hoping that things go well for you too. Call me and let me know how the PET went OK. I will be there with you in spirit my friend.
Take care my good friends and I will keep in touch.

In My Thoughts,
Carrie
|

replied March 8th, 2008
GOOD Morning Carrie,

Another good day - GREAT!!!! Carrie, your post put a smile on my face knowing that your post-op is going so very well. AND especially that your happy face has returned.

Linndie, your friend, is a very special lady. She needs to watch you so you don't do any more of those bumping your car door shut with your hip. Not good as you know. OR you will end up on the cold slab of the operating table again.

And PLEASE Carrie, no climbing ladders.

Now take it easy and let your body heal

Take care.

RichT
|

replied March 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Good Morning to you Rich T
Bight and windy day here today with winds gusting up to 40+mph. My kind of weather.
Yes, Linndie is a very special lady and she has been by my side via phone and cyberland for a year now. She live only a hour from me and we have not even met yet. Hoping as soon as I feel up to it to have her over for lunch. We met on another message board.
My surgery site is really itching today. Good deal. Heal away my friend!
Here's wishing each and everyone of you a wonderful and safe weekend and stay safe.

Carrie
|

replied March 9th, 2008
Good Morning Carrie,

WOW, it was a very windy day late yesterday afternoon here in Northern VA too. The lights were out for several hours. Ate by candlelight which our grandsons thought was neat.

Carrie, a GREAT idea for you and Linndie to get together for lunch after you are feeling up to it. Perhaps meet halfway, or would she be willing to drive to where you live.

Hope your itching (though a good sign) is becoming less.

SOOOooo very glad that you have been able to reduce your pain meds. Do so slowly as "cold turkey" is not a good idea.

I wish you a WONDERFUL Day.

RichT
|

replied March 9th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Good Morning To You Rich T
I am happy to say I am now vertually pain free. Only thing that is a little bothersome is my two buldging disc's L-3 and 4. Other then that I feel like a new person. I think surgeon will be happy on Wed when I see him. And yes, this itchcing is driving me out of my mind. I even took some benedryl to see if it would help. Anyway, glad it is an itch for the good.
Oh gosh it was sooo windy yesterday. The wind chill factor must have been in the 40s. Even my hands were not that cold since I lived in Mn for two years. Brrrrrrrr.

Have a wonderful Sunday and blessings to ya,
Carrie
|

replied March 9th, 2008
My friend
Hi Rich T,

You bet your bippiy, I will drive to see Carrie, I bought her beautiful PJ's and a matching robe, I'm also making her a pan of homemade Rice pudding!

I cannot even verbilze how much Carrie has helped me, even when she didn't know it. Very Intelligent, well versed Lady! My friend! Love Linndie
|

replied March 9th, 2008
BRAVO Linndie!!!! You have described a PERFECT friend!!!!!! AND you are.

AHHHHHhhhh just think what a wonderful world planet Earth would be if all humans followed your footsteps and those of Carrie. Yes, there are many, unfortunately, way to many that try to undo all the good of others.

Thank you for your "day brightener".

Take care wonderful lady. And I know Carrie will delight in your gifts and your homemade rice pudding.

RichT
|
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...