Hi there,

On Thursday morning I had to make several trips to the bathroom with semi-diarrhea.

Later in the afternoon I started feeling a little nausea. My left foot, arm and cheek then felt a bit numb, and I assumed I was having a migraine, although I didn't have any blurry vision as I normally do.

I decided to sleep it off for an hour. When I awoke, I felt a bit better, but my foot was tingly, and I could feel it vibrate slightly when I walked.

Since then I've got a bit better, but don't feel I've made a full recovery. I'm struggling with my appetite, have to make a couple of toilet trips in the morning, am tired, and have this weird spaced out feeling, as if I'm ever so slightly detached from reality. I think my hands, and maybe feet, tingle now and then, but I'm not sure if that's my imagination or not.

I can still walk the dog, go the shops, etc, but I still don't quite feel right and I'm having trouble concentrating on my work.

Is this situation familiar to anyone else? I've booked an appointment with the doctor, but they can't fit me until Friday, so any advice would be great. The spaced out feeling is particularly nagging.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2013
I don't know much about it, but this reminded me of Multiple Sclerosis...
|

replied April 30th, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
It could just as easily be a common viral infection or mild food poisoning.

Have you eaten any mushrooms lately. I seem to remember the symptoms you describe are similar to some I heard about connected with fungi poisoning.

If it isn't getting better after a week it is a cause for concern. If it gets worse I suggest you don't accept your doctor's "easy answer number one" if he is that sort of doctor.

Good luck!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....