Hello! I've been having weird abdominal pains in both of my lower sides, and just wanted to ask and see if I could be any insight here. The pain just started 2 nights ago but it comes and goes. It is sharp and hurts to the touch (I can barely lay on my belly). It seems to only hurt at night and is on the sides of my stomache under my ribs. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2014
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The history provided is not sufficient to make a accurate diagnosis. Presence of additional signs and symptoms can help to differentiate and make a proper diagnosis.

Abdominal pain described by you could be associated with common conditions like Gastritis, Pancreatitis, renal stones, hepatitis (inflammation of the liver), Colitis ( inflammation of the colon), Infection or inflammation of the gall bladder, etc.

Other causes of pain include - irritable bowel syndrome, chronic constipation, lower lobe pneumonia, Spleen enlargement (due to infections), etc.

Pain that increases with movement or coughing and does not appear to be caused by strained muscles is more likely to be a symptom of a serious problem. A visit to a doctor is usually needed when severe abdominal pain comes on suddenly, or when new and different mild pain slowly becomes more severe over several hours or days.

You might benefit by getting tested for the above conditions by tests including - blood tests , A ultrasound or a abdominal CT scan. These tests will be helpful to give a proper diagnosis.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.