User Profile
So a few days ago, I woke up with a strange pain inside my stomach. Located in what feels my upper stomach and just beneath my ribs. I'm a female that isn't the best with nutrition however I have been watching what I eat as of late, trying to trim a few pounds.

The pain isn't sharp, but is like a ball inside my abdomen. It lasts for about an hour and then leaves me weak. I've been more tired than I've ever been. I haven't been under stress and I haven't changed my diet within the last month and half. Drinking water or non-acidic juices seem to not trigger my pain. Nor does eating spicy food, so I want to rule out Heart Burn.

I can't find a position that is comfortable and the pain radiates through my back. I feel like I have to hold my breath at times.

I'm 21 and this is frightening me since I have no Health Insurance cause I can't afford a monthly payment due to loss of job.

Maybe a diagnosis can help and some home remedies might help.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2014
Thank you for asking

Losing weight and diet and lifestyle irregularities make it hepatobiliary and gastrointestinal origin. Modify diet and lifestyle. Take some antispasmodics. Some antacids and some work up like ultrasound and liver and pancreatic functions to rule out other suspicions.

Get a GI assessment and let them rule out aany worrisome issue. Age of 21 is young and good to recover. Just make sure GI tracts gets what is good for it.

Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.