So last week on 3-16 mid-day my left knee started getting a severe pain in the knee cap (coming in waves of pain) almost to the point I could barely out any weight on it in my knee cap area. Now the pain has gone to the back side of my knee and it feels even worst and tonight is been consistent, even straightening out my knee. I don't remember having any type of trauma although I did move a television (36 inch) down the stairs a few days before it started. That's really the only thing I could actually think of. I'm planning on calling my doctor first thing if it doesn't improve by the morning but just looking for opinions
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2016
The cause of your pain could be due to a ligament tear or twisting of the ligament.

A few stretching exercises should be able to help to relieve the symptoms in mild cases.

But in severe cases, where the pain is intolerable, the exact cause needs to be diagnosed and can be done only with proper physical examination. Hence it would be recommended that you consult with a orthopedic doctor and seek a proper medical opinion.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Muscular and Nerve Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.