Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Weight loss, depression and Bulimia

Hi,

I'm 21 years old. I have had some set backs with my weight lately I'm 5' 1'' and last winter I weighed in at 137 pounds. It was awful I felt like a slob so I finally said okay I need to fix this. So I did. I stopped eating late at night, I began eating better. I currently stand anywhere from 120-122. I'm still not happy. I lost 17 pounds in a month and a half but I'm still very unhappy, in fact, things have gotten worse as far as my depression. I look at myself and think ewe this is disgusting someone my height should not be this heavy. I mean yes, I have lost weight but I look like I did 17 pounds ago. I have weird rolls on me. For the past week and a half I have become bulimic. Every time I go over board I freak out and vomit. I check the scale at least once and hour and have been exercising every single day for and hour at a time. I want to stop this Bulimic thing because I know its a very very unhealthy thing for me to do. I need to get on a plan where I can be happy with what I am eating and have enough exercise to the point where I'm not there for an hour doing an elliptical machine just because I want to burn what I ate. It is becoming a growing problem and it has not been getting better. Today I forced myself to be sick twice because I'd eat look at the scale seeing 123 or 124 and freak out and vomit till I see at least 121, and even then I am not happy. Please help me out give me some tips because I do not want my life to be ruined by my weird habits.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 4th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
OK since u asked I will give u my answer for what it is worth;
as to your diet and bulimia U R WASTING YOUR EFFORT AND YOUR TIME AND YOUR BODY
as to your exercise; sounds good but since u hate it then AGAIN u r wasting your efforts because some exercise is great but if u believe u can exercise away that cake u ate; then u r delusional
as to a diet that can work; here is a tried and true proven for 40 plus years; it is low carb or low Glycemic Index, u can do Atkins or South Beach etc and they WILL WORK but u need to understand the physiological reasons why or AGAIN u r wasting your efforts.
If u want help JUST ASK and people will help u but if u get mad or ignore them; then JUST LOOK back at the 100s of thousands of posts that have now gone nowhere and add yours to them
I wish u well, if u want many will try to help u
and u deserve help because u asked
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....