I am at a loss as to what to do next. I know my body, and after 38 years I am quite certain I have HIV. I snorted some drugs almost 7 months ago and also smoked Meth one night when I had too much to drink and I went out for my friends birthday. Ever since that night my life has turned upside down. I lost 20 pounds, had night sweats, major abdominal pains, joint pain, I was also diagnosed with shingles at one point. I have currently tested negative up to the 6 month mark for HIV but I believe I was co infected with Hep C at the same time and it has affected my results. The pain in my abdomin is constant now and is located on the upper right near my liver. My urine is darker and my body is continually sore like I am 80 years old. I also am getting this really bad pain in my neck shoulder area ( feels like in my collarbone). Prior to this I was a completely active healthy person. I tested negative for Hep C at 6 months but I think the accute Hep C infection has delayed my results. I am in constant pain and my doctor basically ignores me as he says my tests were negative. I KNOW I am infected . I need advise and help badly, I am afraid I may have infected my wife and I can't live with that. I have lost considerable weight in my face and all my joints, body hurt. What options do I have, where can I turn to,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2010
Community Volunteer
If your doctor says you are negative then I believe the doctor.Why are you focusing on HIV and hep? It could be a number of other things and you are ignoring them by focusing on something the doctors have tested for and not found.
I suggest you rethink and get blood work for everything that can be checked and dont just focus on HIV.The symptoms you name are not even HIV symptoms.It could be a bad infection.Get an MRI and a cat scan and tell your doctor to check you for mono and other blood disorders or kidney and liver problems.Check the pancreas as well.
Like I said,HIV symptoms would not appear after a few days,weeks or months..
|

replied March 14th, 2010
I agree I believe my initial symptoms to be HEP C related and that is causing my HIV results to come back negative. My wife had a rash, fatigue, diahrea, dry cough for like 8 weeks. I am sure I am co infected and that is affecting the results, what do you suggest I do?
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Take your wife and BOTH of your get tested for HIV and STDs and when the results come in for BOTH of you then you can try to find out what is going on.
|

replied March 21st, 2010
mark, I too was in a similar situation, not with drugs but oral sex.

I have had many probs in the last 3 years, including pancreatitis (painful), my stomach did same thing, and i lost 30 lbs from diarehaa, severe fatigue,

some docs think i have undetectable hiv and others think its just a "unknown virus" not hiv

its scary, i still have a constant cold and short of breath, and diabeteic now also,

i go to boston and they are at a loss
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....