Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

5 weeks pregnant missed 2 periods how can that be

So i am 5 weeks pregnant acorrding to the dr. but have missed two periods...This would be my second baby but i feel nothing no symptoms..he wants to see me again in 2 weeks for another ultra sound which is weird and gave no estimated due date..what could all of this possibly mean?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
mmuha, Congratulations!

With two missed menstrual periods, both of you are obviously confused about when you conceived. He looked at your size and where the baby is and decided that it is about 5 weeks old. But you told him you missed two periods.

An ultra sound can make this much more accurate. So he wants to wait for that result to confirm his estimation before he gives you a due date. The most accurate ultra sound can be done in week 6, 7 and 8. That is why he wants to see you in 2 weeks time.

There are many reasons why you could have missed the first period and I am sure he just wants to make sure.

Were you planning a baby?

Best of luck!!
|

replied August 29th, 2012
I am also just 5 week pregnant and have missed two periods have been asked to go for another scan next week to see if the little one has a heartbeat I am so worried as have heard a lot of things like a silent miscarriage and just where the baby ha stopped growing as in theory I should be 9 weeks am so worried can't stop crying! X
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...