About 3 weeks ago I had quite a few meals that consisted of minced meat products, mainly sausages and such. I don't usually eat minced meat products, and this was an exception.

What followed next was a series of diarrhea-like symptomps, with about 2-3 bowel movements / day, and stomach cramps.
I visited my doctor the 4th day and she prescribed me Imodium, Bilichol and Ibutin. These constipated me an awful lot, while the stomach cramps kept on lingering.

I was forced to switch to laxatives and laxative products (teas, supositiories and oral medicine) because of what I was prescribed. After 4 days I managed to have a bowel movement, yet the cramps remained.

The symptoms cleared after about a week, and I had regular and normal bowel movements again. Then I got down with the flu (lucky me!).

I ate some hot sauce the 2nd or 3rd day after the symptoms have passed, but not too much, just a bit. The symptomps re-appeared the following day and haven't disappeared since.

I feel cramps in my lower abdomen. Like that feeling you get right before you pass gas. I also burp a lot. The cramps are a discomfort for me, and even though they don't mess around with my daily routing, I do not like having them around.

What could this be? I'm prepared to make another vistit to my doctor as it has been 3 weeks now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2014
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If your symptoms appear after changing your regular fod intake, then it could be due to gastritis. Taking OTC antacids can help with few of your symptom control. If symptoms have been recurrent and persistent, you should consider visiting your doctor/healthcare provider for thorough evaluation and clarification. Get started on treatment as indicated by your evaluation results. You may also consider requesting for prescription for gastric acid suppression and a probiotic for better symptom control. Look out for development of any new symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.