ive been having problems when the doctors ask about the contractions. sometimes they feel like im in labor and somtimes it dosent. im 18 and was just wondering if most teens had their babies early or late. im nervous because im still in school, but i cant take a medical leave until im in labor. how do i know if its comming soon or not?

thnkx.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Most first babies are late. You won't know before your labor when it will start. It is one of the great mysteries of life. If someone figured out how to know when babies are going to make their appearance, they'd be rich!

Your due date is called an Estimated Due Date or EDD for a reason. They can only estimate when s/he will get here.

Trust me, when it is real labor, you are going to know its real labor.
|

replied June 5th, 2009
I second Mabel's response. You'll know when you're in labor. The rule of thumb is call the hospital if your contractions are 2 and a half minutes a part or more frequent.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....