Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Week 5 pregnancy Is this normal without nausea?

Good Morning Doctor!

Iam Married for 4 years. I had been in the infertility treatment for one year. I got pregnant now after the IUI treatment. Iam extremely happy now.

My LMP is 13th July 2012. My IUI was done on 26th July and 27th July 2012. Now Iam almost into 5 week of pregnancy. But i dont have Nausea. I am feeling tired and iam hungry frequently. ieat a lot now. Is this normal without nausea. Pls help to explain.

I did a Trans vaginal scan and found that the sac is intrauterine and it was measuring 3.6mm. Am i in the right way of the baby growth. Pls help to clarify my questions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 31st, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that you describe (increased hunger, increased tiredness) could be indicative of pregnancy possibility. Do not depend on appearance of symptoms alone to suggest pregnancy possibility. Few women can experience all the symptoms, whereas few women do not experience any. Transvaginal scan is normal and does not result in any complications if done carefully. It helps to diagnose pregnancy and confirm gestational age early. The gestational sac at 4 weeks can vary from 3-6mm, appearing first at 4 weeks gestational age and then growing at about 1mm per day through 9th week of pregnancy. If you are worried, you should consider going ahead with getting serial HCG levels done. If the levels show doubling up of the hormone levels in 48-72 hours, it will confirm that pregnancy is going on smoothly. If levels are not adequate, then external hormonal supplements would be considered to be started to help you in preventing miscarriage. An ultrasound scan done will help to confirm the gestational age and viability. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and assistance. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet. Look out for danger signs like increase in intensity of abdominal cramps, increasing back pain, fresh bleeding etc. Avoid lifting any heavy weights and avoid heavy work. Avoid standing for long durations and avoid climbing stairs. Avoid use of caffeinated and carbonated beverages.
Take care.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.