I have been smokng weed for abu 4 to 5 years eavier in the ast 2 yars and suddely just quit. This has left me wit a few withdrawal syptoms. At first i had a strange felling all down one side of my body leading me to think i was going to have a stroke, i felt like I was going crazy in the head and it always used to be worse at night. I found it very hard getting to sleep and would be awake till early hours of the morning till I finally feel asleep but I wake up after a few hours and then hit would take me about an hour to get back to sleep again. It made me very irritable and I got angry easily. But after about 3 months all these symptoms went away and I felt better. It has now been about a month since all the weirdness has gone until a few days ago when I started getting the weird feeling in my head although it does feel like a pain its just a strange feeling that won’t go away and this time instead of feeling I’m going to have a stroke I’m convinced that I’m going mental. Are these symptoms of with withdrawal and if so is there anything I can do to get rid of them?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jem29923
|

replied January 29th, 2010
It takes a long time for the symptoms to go away, especially since your body is so used to the drug that it has become dependent on it. Trust me, I used to smoke all the time.

I no longer do, but it took MONTHS for the symptoms to entirley leave my body. But if you stick it out: work out & eat healthy, detox by lots of water.
i think you shall be just fine Wink

hang in there! & dont smoke
|

replied February 17th, 2010
Addiction & Withdrawl
Thank God someone else is going through the exact same thing as me,like you I have been smoking nearly everyday for years.I gave up a month ago and my symptoms are quite scary.I woke up in the middle of the night last week with a burning pain on the right side of my head into my arm and fingers which only lasted a few seconds,thought I was having a stroke but the truth is that it will take months to clear out of our systems but we will be fine.I get tingling in my head and a hot sensitive scalp ,headaches,strange dreams even nightmares and you feel that you are going mad but thats just the anxiety after smoking it for so long.Just let it get out of your system now you will feel great after a while .I spoke to someone who went through the same as us and now they are perfectly fine.
|

replied December 8th, 2011
my fiance hands hurt tingle and burn after suboxone use w adderall wellabutrin and kolonopin any ideas
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
i want to quit smoking but dont know what will happen to me i smoke every hour of everyday for years..im nervous cuz i know im addicted to it but cant get the nerves to quit..i feel like i need to it to do everything..before and after eat,sleep,watch tv, movies,go somewhere, and thats my life..how did you guys decide to quit?
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....