I'm 18 years old. I was on spring break this past April with friends and my mom stayed in a different hotel. the first day we were there we went to eat and then walked around a little bit.. when we went back up to the room, me and two of my friends smoked weed. I only took like two hits.. it wasn't the first time that I've smoked. a few minutes later I felt like I was going insane! my chest hurt, couldn't breath, all I could think in my mind was death. I made them call my mom and my mom called 911. I went to the hospital and they kept me there for a few hours. they did all the drug tests and everything and nothing came up, not even marijuana. so they sent me back and I felt fine the next day but then I was hanging out and I started to feel weird again and my head was going crazy! my mom called 911 again and this time I stayed the night and had a cat scan and MRI and they said nothing was wrong with me but that's not how I felt. when I got back to the hotel after I stayed a night all I could think about was suicide.. it was so scary. I felt like I was insane. so the trip was over and till this day I feel like I'm going crazy! I wish I could just sleep this off. my doctor told me anxiety but I think I'm going crazy! I can't stand it! sometime I think I would just be better off dead. it's all I think about 24/7. no medications work, they actually make it worse. I don't talk about it with my parents cuz they act like they don't believe me. they tell me that it'll go away and it's just anxiety but I don't have any other symptoms of anxiety anymore.. someone please help me! Sad Sad I'm so scared I'm going to start hearing voices or seeing things. I can't sleep and the more I research this stuff, the more I think something els is wrong with me. someone help me please!! I want to be my normal self again!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 7th, 2013
i am 16 and and i have something similar but not so intense. marijuana make people think a lot and this is not always good. i think that eveyone can be in this situation if they start thinking so much. i think that you need some time with friends that is full and you will not have time to think that you are crazy. dont think about suicide.. life is a gift and even if you are crazy (you are not) you have to enjoy it! just look out of the window.. look at the trees, smell some flowers, relax.. the fear of madness makes this situation worse.. think that this feeling you have is something bad (it really is) and dont let it control you. just try to enjoy and forget it. what do you mean when you say that you are going crazy? what is happening to you exactly? do you think you are different from other people and if yes in which way?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....