Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Fibromyalgia Forum

Weaning off of Cymbalta-Any advice?

Have you successfully weaned off of Cymbalta?
Yes
No
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0
User Profile
I was put on Cymbalta two years ago for Fibro, it worked, but I am just gaining too much wait. I have been weaning myself off of it for about three months, started at 90 mg, went to 60 mg then to 30 mg. Started breaking the 30 mg capsule up and spilling half out and then even less. However, this weekend I had what I thought would be my last dosage on Friday morning. Saturday I had good energy, Sunday a little dizzy, blues and nausea, but took a quarter pinch of dramamine and I felt better. Monday I called into work, crawled back into bed and slept the morning away. By Monday afternoon was feeling blue, dizzy and nausea really bad, took more dramamine. By 5:00 pm on Monday evening I had to take some Cymbalta, it was just awful how I felt. I placed about twenty of the beads in a capsule and within an hour was feeling better. Went to work on Tuesday, was very busy and left at 5:00 pm, which is early for me, but I knew I was going to have side effects soon. On my way home I took a pinch of dramamine, by the time I got home I was feeling lousy again. I put about twenty beads in a capsule and within an hour was feeling good. Am I ever going to be able to go off of this stuff? I keep thinking, what if we had a crisis in this country and we had no access to our meds, what would America do? I want off of this stuff, any advice? angel help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 5th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy

replied April 22nd, 2011
Re: Weaning off of Cymbalta-Any advice?
Goldieaz wrote:
I was put on Cymbalta two years ago for Fibro, it worked, but I am just gaining too much wait. I have been weaning myself off of it for about three months, started at 90 mg, went to 60 mg then to 30 mg. Started breaking the 30 mg capsule up and spilling half out and then even less. However, this weekend I had what I thought would be my last dosage on Friday morning. Saturday I had good energy, Sunday a little dizzy, blues and nausea, but took a quarter pinch of dramamine and I felt better. Monday I called into work, crawled back into bed and slept the morning away. By Monday afternoon was feeling blue, dizzy and nausea really bad, took more dramamine. By 5:00 pm on Monday evening I had to take some Cymbalta, it was just awful how I felt. I placed about twenty of the beads in a capsule and within an hour was feeling better. Went to work on Tuesday, was very busy and left at 5:00 pm, which is early for me, but I knew I was going to have side effects soon. On my way home I took a pinch of dramamine, by the time I got home I was feeling lousy again. I put about twenty beads in a capsule and within an hour was feeling good. Am I ever going to be able to go off of this stuff? I keep thinking, what if we had a crisis in this country and we had no access to our meds, what would America do? I want off of this stuff, any advice? angel help!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is plenty of support and help, and some other good forums too, but this is the most helpful in terms of info on how bad and dangerous those drugs are. There is not such thing as pain killers, only drugs to make one feel high and not care about pain... They work a little but then, once you reach tolerance level, its another type of nerve pain, and in anycase, there are no drugs that works on long term chronic pain. Those pain killers and psychotropics themselves cause damage to small nerve fibers causing more neuropathic pains. Good wishes and good luck.
|
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...