User Profile
Today and once last week i woke up and i had bit my tounge, i felt super weak. It was a little hard to stand up. Today, i went upstairs when i got up and dont remember what happened other than i was sitting in a chair and that i got up and went back to bed. My sister said i was shaking, she said she just thought i was cold. It concerns me, wats going on?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2009
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Answer A5934

The symptoms you reported are not specific enough, but an attempt to suggest diagnose can be made. The symptoms (shaking, temporary loss of memory), the list of family related illnesses, the time of the day (morning-hungry) might indicate that you have experienced hypoglycemia. Hypoglycemia is a condition in which the blood sugar is decreased. In most cases, it is related to diabetes. You might want to visit your family doctor for simple laboratory tests that would confirm or rule out diabetes.
If diabetes is ruled out, your doctor might want to refer you to a neurologist to check for some neurological disorders.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.