Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

weak when I don't have a sugar rich diet, hypoglycemia?

User Profile
I think I have hypoglycemia. I feel weak when I don't have a sugar rich diet and when I eat a sugar rich food, my energy is pumped back again. I have some questions. Please reply
1) I have search the internet and found people telling to have frequent meals. But it is not easy with my schedule. So instead of meals, is there any tablet which I can rely on which will keep my sugar and energy high?
2) Does hypoglycemia cause weight lost as I am very thin and I am having a very hard time gaining weight.(My weight is 120 pound and height is 5'11).

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2015
Mens Conditions Answer A52579
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

No such tablets are available or recommended. Please get your blood sugar both fasting , random and post prandial done to document any hypoglycemia before labeling yourself hypoglycemic. CBC and Thyroid function tests should also be advised. Low blood sugar chronically can cause weight loss.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hypoglycemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.