Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

weak flow, simply doesn't feel very good

User Profile
To start, I am a healthy 24 year old male. I have a few symptoms that are starting to bother me and I think they are related. I have been dealing with a weak urine flow, inability to completely empty my bladder and dribbling for about 2 years. My doctor sent me for an ultrasound early on and said there wasn't a cause for concern. During that time I have also been experiencing frequent lower back pain. Add to that, and most troubling, I have never felt much pleasure in my penis. I'm sure this isn't ED because I have no issue getting an erection on my own or with a partner, but it simply doesn't feel very good, it is almost numb. I've read some information online and I am concerned this could be a prostate issue, a pinched nerve, but nothing seems to tell me exactly what this could be. I'd like to talk to my doctor but be more prepared with some knowledge. Thank you for any help you are able to provide!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2014
Sexual Health - Men Answer A49832
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Cystometric studies of bladder are required to look for any detrusor muscle anomalies. Overactive bladder and UTI needs to be ruled out. Get a urine R/E done and an U/S abdomen Pelvis for any anatomical abnormality eg an enlarged prostate or a mass.

Let me know if you have any query


Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.