Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

We moved in together last nigt.

My boyfriend and I decided about 2 months ago that we'd like to live together.

We have only been dating for about 6 months.

We see eachother everyday, we like to do everything we do, together.

We get along more like best friends.

I know that we will not fight/argue too much because we don't fight with anyone else in our lives, we're both talkers and communication skills are like breathing skills for us.

My concern is, I have a tendency of becoming sick of someone after never having alone time. I'm extremely independant and prefer my indepence over commitment to/with someone else.

Does anyone have any tips or tactics for when I begin feeling that way, in order to prevent it or control it?

Or perhaps a suggestion as to why I DO feel that way with everybody who comes into my life?

Thank you in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Moving in together after only 6 months is a huge step though it may not seem like it...my boyfriend and I got close really fast, I thought I knew him well after a few months together...nooooo way...we've been together for a little over 2 years now and I can say that I've learned so much more about him even after a year of being together...theres certain situations that come up that you may not know how the person will react until they're put in that situation and sometimes it isn't what you would expect of that person...we are still together though it is work sometimes because yes..like you said the person can get on your nerves at times, if you're someone that needs your space then moving in..especially so early in the relationship was a bad idea...they say the first year in a marriage is the hardest for alot of couples because it is hard adjusting to the way someone else lives and being around them 24/7.....as I said, my boyfriend and I have been together for over 2 years and i've yet to move in with him though he's suggested it...I feel like thats a step after marriage personally....does he not have a job? Do you not get alone time while hes at his job? anyway, if you are getting sick of each other and need some time off suggest a friend night...he goes out with the boys you go out with the girls that way you take some time off each other...as for the fighting...theres always a first fight..i dont know any couple that doesn't eventually get in an argument about something...everyone gets into it from time to time..its just a matter of working it out with that person because you love them......good luck
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2008
Supporter
I think that illness occurs b/c of stress. Living with someone is stressful. You need to surrender some of your own thoughts and desires for the sake of harmony. This is tough.

It is very important to find time and space for yourself in a relationship. Even 1-2 hours a day! Are you able to participate in activities ALONE during the day? A 100% together relationship will not sustain itself. Also, is he very needy of your attention?
|
Users who thank rooted for this post: OfficerJagger 

replied August 19th, 2008
Experienced User
been there
Boy! I know how you are feeling I have been married for 2 years but I was lived with him for 3 years before that hhahahahahah that is amazing you two dont fight wow we fought about dumb stuff like parking cars sometimes really stupid small stuff and I learned you are in it together when its bad and when its good, Have you tired suggesting a boy's night out for him and his pals? You need some space otherwise you two will be at each other throats not physically emotionally and that is no fun and can ruin a good thing, Talk to him ask him how would he like sometime to him self free time just be nice about it or he might take offense does he have guys to hang with ?
|
Users who thank californchick for this post: OfficerJagger 

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2008
Supporter
californchick wrote:
I learned you are in it together when its bad and when its good

Isn't that the truth! I think that it's the best thing about marriage. In fact, the arguments help to make the couple stronger. Someone one described it like two rocks in a rock tumbler. If you bump up against one another enough, you end up with a smooth surface. Marriage is a constant determination to think about someone else...and as we're humans and tend to think about ourselves ALOT (selfishness)...this is quite a challenge!
|