First up, I have NO tolerance whatsoever to most drugs, medical or other.

IE: If i'm in a room with people smoking weed, I have to leave otherwise I feel the effects and it has really adverse effects on me...

I don't take prescription drugs as a rule unless they are necessary. And i'll suffer a headache before i'll pop a tylenol.

I tried zyban for a few days, thought I was going to die... had to get off them.

I smoke a pack a day, so figure i'll try the patch... Put a 21 MG patch on my arm first thing in the morning (without having a cigarette) and literally passed out. I've tried the 21 mg a few times, same... The 14 mg is too weak and it burns all the time, really hurts deep in the muscle after a while too, no matter where I put it.

What else is out there for quitting smoking? If most medicinal options are out the door, what else can a feller do? i've considered hypnosis but i've heard good and bad... I've had people try to hypnotise me in the past, no go, seems I like control too much Sad

I'm self employed and I get grumpy when I go cold turkey, the clients don't like it much...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2008
Supporter
What about the chewy. The more you chew the more nicotine it releases and visa versa. They come in 4 mg packs if I am not mistaken so every time you have the urge, you take one. Good psychological distraction too. thats how i quit a couple of yrs ago. I didn't like the patches either...
Accupuncture is available too.
|

replied June 21st, 2008
I smoked for about 4 years and I tried the patches and the gum and just about everything you can think of but, what really helped me to quit was my brain power. I weened myself off. I smoked a pack a day as well so, the day I decided to quit I cut it to 3/4 a pack and did that for a few days, Then, 1/2 a pack for a few days, then 1/4 for a few and that was it for me. I think the main thing that helped me through was my reasons for quitting. Everytime you think you need one just think about why you are trying to quit and think about the bennifitts you will recieve when you do. Both of my little boys have asthma and my husband has bad sinuses. I dreamed one night that I burnt my baby on the forehead with my cigarette and after that I decided that dream was trying to tell me that I am hurting my children with my bad habbit. The next day during an argument with my husband I asked him what the biggest thing is that I could do to make our relationship work and he told me quit smoking. I kept all this in my mind and it worked. It is tough at first and you will get headaches for about a week and maybe even feel sick at your stomache but, it's worth it in the long run and weening yourself off makes it not as bad!
|

replied June 22nd, 2008
My father smoked for a long time and one day he got tired of me telling him to stop, he just said - ok from today i am stopping - and he really did, i guess for some people it is just matter of will and desire to stop.
|

replied June 24th, 2008
I quit smoking after 10 years using Zyban BUT, I started up again last year. I didn't realize how much the activity of smoking and other activities were connected -- like sitting around smoking, drinking cokes and gabbing with my girlfriend and fellow smoker. I quit by not hanging out with that girlfriend unless she and I were in my house (no smoking or my Nazi husband would go nuts) or if we went some where we couldn't smoke. I also woke up every morning and told myself over and over again, "I have a healthy lifestyle. I am so healthy." Sounds corny, but it worked! Self-hypnosis and behavioral therapy. Wink
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2008
Smoking cessation is different for everyone
Interesting,

I was one who stopped a dozen times, but none of the typical products worked for me, and many others I know, so you have to try them all in hopes one or a combination of products will work for you.

I finally kicked nicotine addiction with the new FAUX electronic cigarette alternative, and in just two months, and since nicotine is the addiction side, now I only have the so called habit side to kick. Best part, I smoke only when and where I want now, not because of addiction to nicotine, so given there is no concern of carciongens of tobacco, no matter how long it takes, at least there is no longer the concern of cancer, heart disease or emphysema.

Everyone is different, some can stop cold turkey, but face it, most cannot. If you are looking for a safer alternative than overdosing on nicotine with patches and gum, or worse, drugs, then research this latest system, it works with no withdrawal symptoms for everyone I shared it with, 27 at last count, so if you are one who just cannot kick the habit, this is worth your time to research it, I am glad I did.

Wealth Without Health is Worthless
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2008
That was nice tips...
Me too before i also smoke, what i did is that i always chew a bubble gum and candy. I decided to quit smoking when i heard that in one stick of cigarette it takes seven seconds to our life. he.. sounds weird but it is true...
|

replied July 12th, 2008
i think its not difficult to stop smoking but only if you have a strong will, Its a real fact that one, who has been smoking for more than 3 or 4 years, cannt stop smoking at once and one should not do so as smoking for a long time decreases nicotine level in body and suddenly stopping to smoke will lead to nicotine defeciency in body, so one should decrease the ammount of smoking step by step, and in a time one s body will tolerate it.
|

replied July 17th, 2008
10 easiest ways to quite smoking.

1.) Consider counseling: Smoking is an addiction and any addiction is powerful many times over. Counseling will provide support and can increase your will power. You need to attend one on one counseling sessions, group meeting of experts and people that are like minded and that are there for the same reason.

2.) Try deep breathing techniques: Some find this one of the most powerful techniques. Every time you feel the need to smoke try the following three times.

Take in the deepest amount of air you can, simply exhale and release the air very slowly. Visualization is the key. You must picture your body leaving its tension as its being released through your energy and body. Follow through 3 times.

3.) Start to exercise: Get up and go to the gym. Changing your routine can help you jump of the same routine you were in. Consider jogging and/or walking.

4.) Writing it down: You want to take a page, split a line through it and write down good things about not smoking. Sit for a few minutes and notice how you feel. Write what you have accomplished.

5.) Try to stay away from smokers or have anyone close to you stop smoking around you. You want to be able to kick the habit and associating yourself in a smoking environment will only draw you back to square one. This is vital.
----------------------------
panella

Guaranteed ROI
Viral Marketing
Social Media Marketing
Search Engine Submissions
Email Marketing
Search Engine Marketing
Search Engine Optimization

Inspire Internet Marketing
|

replied August 15th, 2008
Stop smoking
You should get job or something that it would get in your mind. You have to do something to forget about the cigarettes.Go out,visit monuments,traveling thats how you will stop smoking. If your problem persist you should go to a doctor.
|

replied September 9th, 2008
stop smoking
I put up pictures of the all the gross things that smoking does to your body, got them from my daughter who was involved in an anti-smoking group at school. I put them on the walls where I could see them, very motivating. I also stayed as far away from other smokers as possible, drank alot of water.
|

replied September 12th, 2008
Here is a strange method. Its called the anti-smoke break where you try and play video games instead of smoking cigarettes.

The idea is that people interested in video games should just stay inside and play for an extra five minutes instead of spending that time slowly dying.

It sounds strange, but I'm trying it out now and it actually working!

Seriously, if you know any gamers (or you are interested yourself) check out antismokebreak.com and see if it helps.

Let me know what you think.
|

replied September 21st, 2008
Experienced User
Stopping smoking is Easy.
Easy Way, by Allen Carr. Best book you will every read. Check it out on face book. Real people telling your their experiences. Also, on YouTube as well.

BTW, I am not trying to sell anyone anything. Check it out, try to get the book second hand if you can. Maybe there are some free versions on the net.
|

replied September 21st, 2008
i find that if you're holding an unlit ciggarette, and you inhale and exhale as if you were smoking really helps, because i think a lot of it has to do with oral fixation. and also just holding the unlit smoke and playing with it may help too!
|