Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Watery blood vaginal discharge

User Profile
Hi, I am 27 years old and I want to mention I am still a virgin. I have a vaginal discharge between my periods witch look like watery blood, it came and go for about a year. I was at the doctor last time in November, had a swab and some, blood and hormonal tests but it came I had nothing. I was ok than since November until last month, when I got Thrush infection, I used Canesten Combi and I say the thrush is gone, but I got this bleeding again, and I got also some cramps and a little discomfort in the pelvic area, is not a pain is just discomfort. Is it any chance to develop cancer in my pelvic area considering that I never had intercourse? Should or could I have a SMEAR test just to be sure is not? Can I develop a wound? why is this bleeding keep came and go? What may cause it? Thank's so much

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2010
Womens Conditions Answer A11469

Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out. I’ll suggest doing a PAP smear as it is a must in case of any abnormal/intermittent bleeding. This test is basically to rule out any cervical cancer. An ultrasound of the lower abdomen & pelvis should also be done to rule out the possibility of endometriosis & polycystic ovarian disease.

A cervical polyp can also present with similar symptoms. I’ll suggest you to visit a gynaecologist as it is not possible to make an online diagnosis. I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.