Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

water retention symptoms ?

hi
i am underweight but the problem is that am having a big belly,,am not pregnant,,,and am slim,,,,,,,,,its very embarrassing cause now i need to wear all "Big clothes" to hire my belly. Embarassed

please do help me

Is it Water retension??

i have seen my doctor and he prescribed me meteoxane something like that,, but no improvement right now............

any advice please....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2008
If it feels tense or inflated, you could be allergic to lactose. I am, and my stomach inflates whenever I eat or drink something containing lactose, sometimes so bad it looks as though I'm 4 months pregnant. Go check that out?

And for how long have you taken this medication? Maybe it needs a while to get started? If nothing happens, you should talk to your doctor again.

Good luck!

//E
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....