I had done a water fast a few times now. The first two times i have gone up to 5 days and i felt fine, but this last time i went up to a week with no food. Now its three days later and my heart seems to be beating oddly. Its normal i guess( never really took notice of my heart rate before) when im just sitting, but as soon as i do any acctivity at all it gets fast. Could i have damaged my heart or something?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 8th, 2008
hi, it happened to me before, but then for me it was only 2 days without food...
|

replied July 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
you should NOT starve yourself or deprive yourself of water..this is very very bad for you...why would you do this?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2008
Experienced User
I think it's a way of your body telling you that you NEED something. Your body can not run on water alone. Water has no nutrients, no protien, nothing. You need food to fuel your body and mind. I hate not eating, it makes me feel very weak and grouchy and I've noticed that if I have inadvertently "starved" myself my heart does seem to pound and I get light-headed. If you feel that you need to loose weight, exercise and cut back on the calories/sugar. Please don't starve yourself. Your body can only put up with so much strain before your heart IS affected.
|

replied August 10th, 2008
worrywart01 wrote:
you should NOT starve yourself or deprive yourself of water..this is very very bad for you...why would you do this?

I think what he means by a water fast is that it is all he had, not that he was fasting from water.
|

replied September 19th, 2008
water fast
it is difficult job and you we should not do this kind of activity.
|

replied September 19th, 2008
This is not a good idea to deny from drinking water for one week. The water is 97% percent of your body. You must consult with your doctor, because it is a matter of your heart. Don’t take it easy.
|

replied February 11th, 2009
water fasting
you body is still cleaning itself out. The reason people feel sick and dizzy is when they go without food is because they have been running on toxic fuel and when they digest all their food their body begins using the toxic crap that has been accumulated in their fat cells. You are doing yourself a great service by not eating and drinking pure distilled water. Your body is made up of 70% water. duuuhhh. Digestion takes alot of work and energy and it is good for your body which automatically cleans out all the impurities when there is no food to digest. People are so misinformed on fasting and alot of things i feel sorry for them. Fasting has been around for centurys, western medicine which society thinks is so important and cant go without like popping pills for this and that. Hippocrates the father of western medicine said himself and i qoute "there is no greater physician than the physician within...
|

replied November 13th, 2010
Peace, love and respect.

YAHUWEH bless you brothers and sisters.

Fifty years ago today, the 13th day of the 11th calendar month, my mother went into labour to birth me, and on the 16th day of the month i was birthed. It was not an easy delivery for my mother as the doctor had told my parents that only one could be saved, but by the Sovereign's mercy we both came through.

i have not celebrated birthdays for a decade after reading a book about birthdays, the celebration of it, and what was behind the candle lighting and the gift-giving, but this year is a bit different, as now that my body is nearing 50 years, i believe that a jubilee celebration is in order. So this is what i would like from my brothers and sisters and from those who desire my well-being on this 50th year of my living in it, that you dry fast (no food or water) with me on the 16th of this calendar month from sundown on the 15th.

For all those who would do this kindness for me and show me your love and selflessness, for a dry fast is one of the hardest accomplishments for the average being to achieve, i shall send you a 1 ounce vial of a blend of essential oils i call: Freedom, made of Juniper, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, Lavender and Geranium 100% pure and natural high quality essential oils. If you dry fast with me on the 16th, then let me know by the 19th that you have done so, so that i may send you your special token of my appreciation.

As some of you may already know, i have discovered that i have a worm in my contacts file and spam mail are being sent from my address to my contacts promoting male enhancement products. i do not promote any form of medication, and deem all toxic and unfit for the body's well-being. i have therefore decided to change my e-mail address. Those of you who dry fast with me on the 16th shall receive it, as i believe you are the ones who have a heart for me. Most of you have never seen me in the flesh but you have a heart for me because of the spirits which i come with and the fruit of it.

Since many of you are seasoned fasters, i invite you along with me on a 7 day water fast journey to deliverance. For the next 7 days, beginning from sundown today, i plan to water fast and go through the elements of self-deliverance.

The ministry of the Messiah was one of deliverance, and i believe that it is about time that the ministry of deliverance be restored to the children; for deliverance is the children's bread, but is open to all. So if you want to join in on this 7 day water fast with me and learn how to be delivered from the Strong spirits of Abaddon, Baal, Gad, Babel, Belial, Isabel and AzraYl and the Gatekeepers spirits of Lucifer, Nimrod, Tammuz, Mammon, Sedom, Ahab and satan, then do come along.

Every day for the next 7 days i shall share with you how to be delivered from these 7 Strong spirits and these 7 Gatekeeper spirits and the 7 items you need to do away with in order to live in the state of deliverance. On this fast i encourage you to drink distilled water only with a pinch of unrefined sea salt if you would like to mineralize it. Since deliverance is an attempt to snatch one's self away from the hands of the opponent and be placed in the hands of the Sovereign i suggest that for the nights of the fast that you sleep with a purifier running in your bedroom. If you are not able to start at this time with me, i still invite you to follow along whenever you could.

Until next time, continue to enjoy the Sabbath day and be blessed.

Love in Messiah YAHUSHA,
racheal - maidservant
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be due to dehydration or electrolyte imbalance. Take oral rehydration solution and look for the response.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.