Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Was this an allergic reaction?

So this happened LAST summer but still no one figured out what it was, some background: I quit smoking and moved over to vaping and had been vaping for about 2 years at this point. I had gotten new juice and a coil made of nickel and had been using that for two days. I was on my way to work one night and I was waiting for my shift to started and off a sudden I felt very, very ill (I have emetaphobia and extremely bad generalized anxiety ontop of this) so I ran into the bathroom and started having A LOT of trouble breathing, more than usual from a panic/anxiety attack to where it felt like my lungs were too big for my ribs or vice versa. This had sent me into a full blown panic attack to where I was more nauseous during it than I had ever been before and I could hardly breath. By the time I had gotten to the hospital it was too late the attack had passed- then to follow. My throat developed this itchiness (I kept vaping the same coil/vape for maybe another 2/3 days because I wasn't sure if it was them but I stopped) everytime I'd vape I'd cough violently and my throat developed this crazy itchiness that wouldn't go away. Even after I switched off the juice/coil it kept happening and kept getting worse. I ended up in the hospital multiple times with no diagnoses and I started getting pain in my lungs/sternum so bad I couldn't walk or stand for even short periods of time. Eventually they told me I had bronchitis and gave me meds for it but that really didn't help much at all, including my throat. Come september my stomach had given up from being on so many meds and antibiotics and since then I've had horrific nausea, can't eat certain foods, etc (this all got diagnosed with a scope) but I'm wondering if it sounds like an allergic reaction or something else? It's now almost 2018 and I still have shortness of breath, occasional itching in my throat and will randomly choke sometimes to where it feels like there's a needle in my throat and I can't breath. Any help? Doctor's have been 0 help.

I do have acid reflux but I can honestly tell you that initial attack had nothing to do with it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 25th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. it looks like a combination of acid reflux and anxiety. It needs supportive and symptomatic treatment.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Anxiety
Quick Reply
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.