Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

was intimate with a female that had the virus

User Profile
Hi, ive had this small growth on the side of my shaft all summer. It hasnt changed one bit since the day i discovered it and it wont go away. Could it be hsv2? Theres no fluids or pus inside and its feels the same as the rest of the skin on my upper shaft. I was intimate with a female that had the virus but she had no outbreaks at the time and was on her medication. Please help, i have a discrete photo if needed.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2016
Sexual Health - Men Answer A58886
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Intimacy with a female who had HSV should be evaluated for the possible transmission. That growth on penis shaft needs examination and work up to sort out the causes.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.